10 6-inch corn tortillas
2 C-canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed
4 C-Super Quick Chunky Tomato Sauce (Left-over friendly)
1 1/2 C- Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 bag- (10 oz.) baby spinach leaves, rinsed
2 C- grilled chicken, diced (Left-over friendly)
2 Tbsp-fresh cilantro, rinsed,dried, and chopped (or substitute 1 tsp dried coriander)
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Lightly spray a 9-by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place two to three corn tortillas.
- Add beans, 1 cup tomato sauce, and 1/2 cup grated cheese. Top with two to three more corn tortillas.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, spinach, and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with two more corn tortillas.
- Add chicken and 1 cup tomato sauce. Top with two more corn toortillas.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, 1/2 cup cheese, and cilantro.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned and chicken is reheated.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into eight even squares, and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes (15 minutes with homemade sauce)
Cook Time: 35 minutes (50 minutes with homemade sauce)
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 square
Each serving provides:
- Total fat-10g
- Saturated fat-4g
- total fiber-6g
- Vitamin A-80%
- Vitamin C-15%
*Children can help layer the “lasagna” ingredients.