1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic, minced (about 1 clove) (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
1 small onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 C)
1 bag (16 oz) frozen green beans
1 C low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine olive oil and garlic in large saucepan. Cook until garlic is soft, but not browned (about 30 seconds).
- Add onion, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat until soft.
- Add green beans and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes, until the beans are heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper, and serve.
- Tip: Try on the side of Turkey and Beef Meatballs With Whole-Wheat Spaghetti
- Chefs In Training: Children can help sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Yeild: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1C green bean mix
Each Serving Provides:
total fat- 5 g
saturated fat- 1 g
cholesterol- 4 mg
sodium- 117 mg
total fiber- 3 g
protein- 5 g
carbohydrates 9 g
potassium- 293 mg
vitamin A- 15%
vitamin C- 25%
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.